Software leader and craftsperson
I'm a creative technologist who, given sufficient C8H10N4O2 and/or Mexican food, efficiently crafts software that is a joy to use and to maintain.
I approach software production with equal doses of empathy and strategy. Empathy helps me to best align contributors, stakeholders and end-users; strategy helps me to promote sustainability and to address compounding costs and benefits. More than 15 years of experience leading and contributing to projects across a variety of sectors and organizational types, has instilled in me a deep appreciation for diversity, curiosity, humility, and courage. Specific things I like include C#, the web platform, and XP practices.
- 2019 · Joined ServiceTitan, the hyper-growth SaaS for managing home services businesses, to lead engineering for the technician dispatch system.
- 2018 · Led engineering at Reasi, an early-stage real estate startup that integrated Ethereum blockchain smart contracts, ACH payments, document generation and e-signatures to automate escrow.
- 2016 · Instructed full-stack .NET and Node.js both at Antioch University, Los Angeles, and at Sabio, a Los Angeles coding boot camp having a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- 2014 · Joined Stack Overflow's engineering team, working to overhaul the ecommerce UI, seeking to improve processes, and volunteering for inclusive community programs run jointly with the Flatiron School and Girl Develop It NYC.
- 2012 · Created Blocvox.com, a community opinion platform that aims to strengthen communities by making personal involvement easy, effective and fun.
- 2003 - 2011 · Full-stack development and site reliability with large and small organizations in education, finance, ecommerce, and social media.
- 1987 - 2003 · Hobbyist and academic (UCLA) hacking with MS-DOS, HP 48-series graphing calculators (using Reverse Polish Lisp dialect), BSD/Linux, Pascal, and C.